Thursday, July 11, 2013

Meanwhile...

This week I spoke to both halves of the Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey and Biruté Galdika creative team for Good Comics For Kids in a pair of interviews. Here's one with writer Jim Ottaviani and here's one with artist Maris Wicks. I hope you guys check the book out. It's a pretty good one, and, thanks in large part to Wicks' art and the subject matter, maybe my favorite of Ottaviani's comics since Bone Sharps, Cowboys and Thunder Lizards.

And over at Robot 6, I have a review of Persia Blues Vol. 1, by Ohio's own Dara Naraghi and Ohio's own Brent Bowman. Even if you don't feel like reading me babble on for a few hundred more words, do click on that link just to look at the image Bowman produced at the top of the piece. Wow, that's some nice drawing.

No comments: