Saturday, September 19, 2009

I still owe you guys a Friday night post, huh?

Sorry about that. Here's um...

Let's see...

What have I got laying around here...

Ah,here.

Here are some dumb pages from my sketchbook.

At one point in the distant past, around the time Marvel announced Mighty Avengers I think, I thought it would be ever so amusing to think up additional Avengers teams and post a different one each day for a week or so.

I was going to do a Diabolic Avengers, which would have had Daredevil, Devil Dinosaur, Son of Satan and so on, and a Sean McKeever-written Characters Avengers that would have had the kid and robot from Sentinel, Gravity, Mary Jane and so on.

At some point I must have realized that it would be way too much work to be worthwhile, and/or I got distracted by a shiny object in the next room, and that's about as far as I got with that idea.

Well, I did start messing around with some sketches of a Feline Avengers team. Here, let me show you!

Here's the second and third pages full of Black Panther...
(and there's Captain Americat in the corner).

Here's Tigra, who was going to be off to the side in the group shot, talking to Tony Stark on her cell phone a la Civil War...
(That's part of a picture of El Gato, the villainous sorcerer form a single issue of Omega The Unknown, in the corner).

And this is about as far as I got with Sabretooth. I was going to go with the look he had in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, which is much less dumb than his original Marvel Universe look...

Black Cat and Patsy Walker, Hellcat were going to make up the rest of the team.

3 comments:

Matt D said...

FYI, they just did a whole episode of the new X-Men cartoon centered around the Sentinel from Sentinel. Granted, they put Marrow in the kid's role which serves the overarching story but is just sort of offputting.

Caleb said...

Is that Wolverine and the X-Men? I haven't seen it yet, but I imagine I'll see it on DVD eventually. Marrow's in it? The pink gal with super-bone powers?

All I know about her is that she was one of the examples that a friend used when trying to explain to me how lame the X-Men had gotten at one point. I think he cited her and someone named Maggot who controlled giant worms or something...?

LurkerWithout said...

I can't say I wouldn't be tempted by a LOLAvengers team with Black Panther, Tigra, Black Cat, Hellcat and Zabu. Say done by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover. But to be fair I'd probably buy anything from anyone that has the pair of them working together...

And from what I remember from Not Blog X, that was Maggot alright...