Monday, June 04, 2007

"Prince Valiant Smash!"

I don't normally read the Sunday funnies because, good God, have you read an actual Sunday comics page lately? I can't think of anything more depressing. But when visitors left a copy of the local daily at my apartment recently, I took the opportunity to see how bad the Sunday comics page had gotten, and, lo and behold, I found what might just be the single best Prince Valiant panel of all time.

How its creators arrived at such an image can be demonstrated by simple arithmetic.






PLUS





EQUALS


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!

I'll assume that's a funny coincidence and not a ripoff. ;-)

Caleb said...

Woah! Um...great minds thing alike?

I actually thought about making a crossover joke too..at first I was going in the "These Planet Hulk tie-ins are getting out of hand now that even Prince Valiant is involved" direction.

ailaG said...

Uh, that actually might be a joke about the Action Comics #1 cover.